Saturday, May 03, 2008

How to waste 30 minutes

What do you do when you wake up on an MRT train, and see the station that you are supposed to get down just moving away, as in the train just leaving the station?

Because of that, I had 30 minutes to spare

I thought of the following options:

1. Take all the way to Boon Lay and then take back to Clementi
2. Go to Jurong East, walk to IMM, and take the bus from IMM to Clementi MRT
3. Take back to Clementi, and just wait for transport to arrive.

I chose option 3, however, I had 20 minutes left to boot.

So here's what I did:
1. Count the number of taxis queuing up : 8
2. Find the latest car plate you can find (in terms of their letters) : SGF xxxx
3. Listen to music
4. Walk to and fro
5. Think about things you do not normally think about whilst doing work, for example,
Why are places where taxis stop called "taxi stand", and places where buses stop called "bus stop"? Why not "taxi stop"


So basically, after all those... 30 minutes literally flew away.

there are other things which I could do where I was:
1. watch the sky and trace the path taken by certain clouds
2. try to spot birds hidden in trees or the holes in the MRT track
3. count the human traffic
4. go to the mama shop and stare at each sweet
5. find the outlet for the dripping water from buses

follow it if you have to
before you know it.. you just wasted 30 minutes

(disclaimer: I am not responsible for any depression that arises for realizing that time is precious and that 30 minutes have been lost just like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment