Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Holiday Plans

"Haha lazy? Doesn't sound like you."

Got a good smack in the face with that message. Although probably a harmless poke from my friend, but an otherwise awakening call for me.

I was so fit and active in the past that I am now a mere shadow of it. I can blame it on lack of time and lack of energy, but thinking back I think my discipline has lagged desperately. Many times I have tried to revive it only to succumb to the temptation of sloth.

"Whatever you do, make sure you do your best."

Caught up with a friend whom I lost touch for a few months. And I also had lunch with another friend whom I lost touch for a few years, and only regained connection when he requested for help and I responded in kind. To be honest I regretted not being able to provide much more aid then, but I do not regret not helping him then. He inspires me. He dropped out of school to pursue his own dreams, and although he is not entirely that famous or established yet, he knows what he is doing, and whatever he speaks weighs in gold. It's like he is living proof of whatever he says, whereas idealists like me only theorize or prophesize but do not do anything about it.

I have slacked enough for this holidays and know what I wanted to know. So now there's no excuse to have 0 plans.. anyway I am the one advocating for planned holidays but end up having no plans. What a hypocrite.

At least I have caught up with some old friends again... it really feels so good to be catching up with people :D

But here's a list of to-dos:
1. Finish where I started with my arm
2. Learn drums (omg I am seriously considering this) or guitar again.
3. Get a 1 month job
4. Go for some courses at coursera.org

No comments:

Post a Comment