Saturday, March 30, 2024

Musings before starting new life at Dyson

Last weekend of being "free" - or rather formally unemployed. Last trimester to go before being a full time dad. While waiting for clothes to spin ... somehow it feels like a good time to write a thing or two. 


1. Look out for warning signs early on -> if I had started looking for a new job even earlier in Mar 2023 despite the "assurances" ... maybe things might be different?

Then again, Dyson was one of the companies that I really wanted to join... so again maybe this is all fate?

2. Finances is a real pain, need to have more savings and look for better ways to grow the money (make money work for you)... yet how do I balance not being a scrimp/miser? 

3. Really excited to be a parent, but also really worried. Not really about the kid, but how she can cope. Not just on the kid, but also my parents and everyone around her. There's only so much I can shield...

4. How family time is defined needs to be further worked on. I really don't want it to be a "you do your thing, I do my thing".. but it should be "we do your and my thing together" 

5. Incorporate fitness into the lifestyle. Cement it in.

6. Break bad habits of both mine & hers, not sure how much nagging can help, but I really don't want them to be passed over to the kid. But the tricky part is.. some aren't really "bad", but maybe more of less preferred... need to think of how to handle them

7. I hope that I don't lose myself as a son to my current parents.

8. Need to work more aggressively on my career path/plan with my employer. I cannot be as passive as I was in the past 5 years (especially in P&G). Learn from my mistakes, vocalize my worries and remind about my achievements. No time to "help all" if I can't even help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment